Search Ross’ dazzling work…
- Advice from 4th Graders – Week 8
- Debtors Prisons – Legal Financial Obligations
- Advice from 4th Graders – Week 7
- Fiscal Cutoff
- Advice from 4th Graders – Week 6
- Advice from 4th Graders – Week 5
- Gov. Inslee’s Carbon Pricing Model, Part 2
- Advice from 4th Graders – Week 4
- Gov. Inslee’s Carbon Pricing Proposal
- Advice from 4th Graders – Week 3
- Tim Eyman fights to prevent constitutional change to initiative process - Local News | MyNorthwest.com January 29, 2015
- Voters want lower class sizes. Districts’ dilemma: Paying for it | 2015 Session - Central Kitsap Reporter January 29, 2015
- Yakima Herald Republic | January 10, 2015
- Inslee criticized for ignoring school-levy equity | Education | The Seattle Times December 22, 2014
- Should States Spend Billions To Reduce Class Sizes? | FiveThirtyEight December 12, 2014
Tags520 1410 Adult family homes Advice from 4th Graders awards Basic Ed BEFTF Budget Carbon Charter Schools Children's Hospital Early Learning ECEAP Education Family Planning financial meltdown Foster Care Gold Bullion gun safety gun show healthcare I-900 I-960 Joel's Law K12 Finance Task Force Levy Swap McCleary Decision mental health National Popular Vote Okanogan pension prison retire-rehire retirement Safety SB 6900 Sound Transit Special Session Teaching three strikes town hall Transportation Viaduct WACOPS Wenatchee
Author Archives: Ross
I think I missed a week. This week’s advice card is also excellent. I’m sad I have to white out the names of the kids due to privacy laws. These cards are from the 4th graders in Linda Myrick’s civics … Continue reading
I am really enjoying these posts from Linda Myrick’s 4th graders at Somerset Elementary in Bellevue. This particular piece needs broad circulation, and I will be sending it to all the members of the House. We have three more days … Continue reading
State legislatures typically meet for a relatively short period of time each year and consequently are very deadline driven. Congress works on things until they are ready to be brought forward, but in most states (including Washington) the dates are … Continue reading
Really, really good advice from the 4th graders in Linda Myrick’s class at Somerset Elementary in Bellevue.
Again, fabulous advice for State Legislators from Linda Myrick’s 4th grade class at Somerset Elementary in Bellevue.
Last week’s newsletter on Gov. Inslee’s Carbon Action Pricing Model got a lot of comments – about three times the normal amount. Thanks for reading it! The bill has arrived in the Appropriations committee and we will spend some time … Continue reading
More pearls of wisdom from 4th graders in Linda Myrick’s class at Somerset elementary in Bellevue. not sure if this is a McCleary reference, but it’s probably pretty good advice in general.
I’ve gotten a lot of email this year about Governor Inslee’s climate proposal, both pro and con. Mostly pro, but a number of questions have come up and I’d like to take the opportunity to address them. I have no … Continue reading
Week three of the series “Advice for Legislators from 4th Graders” created by Linda Myrick’s class at Somerset Elementary in Bellevue.